• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ongoing PRA Group Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ongoing PRA Group Issue

Hi All

I have been in an ongoing tennis game with letters going back and fourth with regards to an old debt i had with the bank of scotland (Credit Card)

I have sent the usual CCA request to the PRA Group and have received the following

A signed credit agreement
    A notification of assignment - (showing PRA Group as holders of the debt from July 2014)
    A statement of account up to March 2011

However the statement of account is where I have the issue, they only provided me with a credit card statement up to March 2011, the total they are chasing is lower than the one issued on the statement.

I know this should the case as I was using a debt management company (Compass) to handle the account, and they issued payment of £6.49 a month, Compass ironically went under in April 2014, taking my debt savings and no more payments were made to PRA Group.

My point is PRA group have only produced a official statement up to 2011, and only provided a spreadsheet on business paper showing payment of £6.49 made a month. There is no official statement showing these payments were made by Compass and especially nothing to indicate compass was acting on my behalf.

I am assuming that if PRA group cannot prove the £6.49 payments are made on my behalf, the debt can be classed as Statute Barred as officially my last payment to Bank of scotland would of been in 2011

I have attached the last letter from PRA which includes a sample of the statement they provided (which anyone could knock up on excel). Am I ok to challenge this statement and ask for proof of who paid the £6.49 and confirm documents stating on who's behalf the payments were made?

Blanked statement letter 16102018.pdf

Any help on this is appreciated

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dagboyblue1; 19th October 2018, 13:23:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X