• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Me v Cabot/Restons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me v Cabot/Restons

Hi guys
    I'm battling against Cabot and now Restons. I sent the 3 letter process and fee to Cabot they sent me dodgy paperwork, with no readable name and address, a so called copy of a Notice of Assignment which didn't state true intentions of letter, they refused a Deed of assignment. I also requested a Default Notice of which i never received. I have never acknowledged this debt to Cabot so they got Restons onto me. I received 1st threatening letter from Restons stating that I had not contacted their client and I was no longer entitled to any documents and to just pay up. I wrote to Restons giving them dates to all my correspondence and requests for further documents. They replied with a Notice of intention and stated that I was contradicting myself and stalling for time. I wrote them a lovely letter informing them of my intentions to see them in court and for them to make sure they have all the documents and my missing default notice. They gave me till June 24th to respond which I did and I've heard nothing since. It's now 6 weeks what are they up to please any advice would be grateful.
    many thanks
    Tags: None

Okay, firstly, forget the 3 letter process. Other than the formal CCA request, it's bollocks I'm afraid and really is simply a stalling method ( tends to pee off Judges too if it carries on that far )

Can you say what the original debt is, how much approx., and what this last letter you received is, and what your response was ?

When you say 'Notice of Intention' was that a formal ' letter before action ' along with a form to complete regarding the debt and an IE sheet ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi
      Thank you for responce, I will try and upload letters the debt is claimed from Vanquis about 5 years ago and for 1200. Hopefully letters will upload and in order my last letter was sent in June I've heard nothing since the sneaky ....

Comment

Hi hopefully pictures will upload any advice will be great

Comment

Okay looks pretty normal actually - so you responded by June 25th and asked them for documents, they had 30 days to respond, but haven't as yet, so you are pretty much just waiting on their next steps to see if they decide to either produce documents or try a court claim. They don't seem to have responded to the CCA request at all, just sent the copies of the notice of assignments - no default notice ( do you know when it defaulted ? does it show on your credit file ?)

It does all seem quite recent, the card was taken out in 2013? so you're not looking like it being statute barred at all ( unless you took the card out, spent about £1k and never paid anything back and it defaulted almost immediately )

Really you're waiting for their next move I'm afraid, your CCA request was a simple request under section 78 of the CCA 1974 with a £1 statutory payment ? ( just checking there wasn't anything weird in it ).

It is likely to be a court claim next but hopefully your letters will mean they think twice about that as they know you will argue for the documents.

Something I would do though is send a Subject Access Request ( Data protection Act / GDPR ) to Vanquis to see what your position might be should Restons/Cabot come up with documents.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi guys,
            county court business centre have got in touch, not sure if this is legit I'm not trusting of Restons, I plan to defend this so will be sending the acknowledgement of service, I still didn't receive a default notice at, any advice please

Comment

Hi,
              I'm battling against Cabot and Restons solicitors, they are trying to get a CCJ for an alleged credit card agreement. I have previously posted on here but really not sure what to do now. I have sent my defence to court and they have passed to Restons. My defence, I have to never acknowledged this alleged debt to Cabot, I requested Deed of assignment, default notice and all other documents they have to collaborate the claim they think they have against me, I sent a SAR to alleged credit card company. Documents received was no Deed of assignment, they say I can't see it has it contains personal information of other individuals and would breach data protection. They claim I received a Notice of Assignment, they sent me a copy of a letter that didn't state the true intentions of the document. The alledged agreement doesn't have clear name and address on it which is unreadable as is the document from credit card company SAR request. They say Default Notice was served prior to account being assigned to the claimant and the claimant has the right to terminate the Credit agreement by serving a termination notice so my argument about non-service of the a valid defaul notice won't help me.
              They go on to say my defence as no real prospect of success and they will advice client to strike out my defence and enter a judgement against me. They want me to fill in form N9A or maybe there client will accept a reasonable settlement for alledged debt. I have 14 days to respond, in another 12 days or so unless Restons contact the court to proceed the case will be stayed.
              Please do I respond need help
              many thanks

Comment

Admin please merge to here: http://legalbeagles.info/forums/foru...-cabot-restons
                COMPLETING AN N180 DIRECTIONS QUESTIONNAIRE (SMALL CLAIMS TRACK) GUIDE

My posts here are based on my experience of a variety of life events. I have no formal legal training & if in doubt take professional legal advice or contact CAB. If you follow anything I write here you do so at your own risk & I accept no liability for any loss, costs or other outcomes.

Private messages are disabled as help is only offered publicly. I do not come on here in the evening, at weekends or on public holidays.

Comment

Please can anyone help me any advice would be much appreciated.

Comment

Hi guys
                    please is anyone of there who can help I'm running out of time and desperately need help thank you

Comment

Okay, that letter stands like the standard fayre- I'll have a look back through your thread.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Ok can you upload the agreement please - does it contain all the terms ? and it's not clear, but was that in response to your CCA request to Cabot, or your SAR to Vanquis?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi thank you for replying excuse my late reply, I work 12 hour shift pattern 24/7. It was from the SAR to Vanquis, I contacted Cabot last October, it does contain terms but on both paperwork from Vanquis or Cabot no name and address is readable and on the application form a signature as appeared that looks like it as been stuck on which is not the same as the paperwork received from Cabot. Vanquis paperwork says account was passed to moorcroft on 13.01.16 and then sold to Cabot on 30.06.17. Not sure if it would tell me if any default letters etc were sent out it does not mention any other correspondence.
                          many thanks for your reply

Comment

Hi guys, any advice please I'm down to my last couple of days, should I respond to Restons or see if it gets stayed, please can anyone help thank you

Comment

Morning, just having a read back xx
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                              See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                              X