• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CPR 31-14 Document Request - Query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPR 31-14 Document Request - Query

Hi,

I have received a claim form from Northampton Country Court Business Centre for a claim made by Lowell Portfolio I Ltd/Overdales Solicitors for a debt to Capital One (Europe) PLC for two credit cards with a combined total of <£2000. The particulars of the claim state:-

"1) The Claim comprises of the following Agreements the Defendant entered into:

a) Capital One (Europe) Plc with reference XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and current balance of £xxxx.xx
    b) Capital One (Europe) Plc with reference XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX and current balance of £xxxx.xx

The Agreements were terminated as payments were not maintained and subsequently assigned to the Claimant.

And the Claimant claims:

a) The total of the said sums being £xxxx.xx
    b) Interest pursuant to s69 County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue, but limited to one year, being £xxx.xx
    c) Costs"

I have already read and compiled by documents as set out here in thread #2
    https://legalbeagles.info/forums/for...thampton-court

So I have:-

1) Acknowledged the claim online to give me the 14 days extra equating to 14 + 14 + 5 (Claim received today, but only sent yesterday)
    2) Have a CCA request done and will email later and send by Royal Mail Signed
    3) Have a CPR 31.14 request almost done (see below) and will email later and send by Royal Mail Signed
    4) Have a SAR request done and will email later and send by Royal Mail Signed

My 31.14 document has been written from the thread below, however, I'm not 100% sure what documents I should request??? I "think" I should only request Assignments and Agreements - can anyone help me decide, please?

The help notes say:-

NB: ONLY LIST HERE DOCUMENTS THAT ARE MENTIONED IN THE PARTICULARS OF CLAIM ON THE FRONT OF THE CLAIM FORM – eg. IF THEY DON’T MENTION ‘ DEFAULT NOTICE’ YOU CANNOT ASK FOR IT UNDER CPR 31.14, IF THEY MENTION CONTRACT rather than AGREEMENT – ask for the CONTRACT…IF IN DOUBT TYPE OUT THE PARTICULARS OF CLAIM AND ASK ON THE FORUM.( and remove this paragraph too!!!!)
    for EXAMPLE
    1. Agreement / Contract
    2. Default Notice
    3. Notice of Assignment

https://legalbeagles.info/library/gu...-of-documents/

Thank you everyone, this is a great forum :-)

Wayne
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X