• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. Please register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
  • LegalBeagles® is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • A free service which provides vulnerable consumers the ability to record their personal circumstances at a given point in time when they are looking to protect themselves against further debt or related financial problems. This is done either by self-exclusion from credit and financial promotions or to slow down the credit application process.
    Vulnerable consumers can register for FREE


    Check if the Debt Collection Agency/Debt Purchaser contacting you is using the VRS register.


Mortimer Clarke / Cabot threatening legal action

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mortimer Clarke / Cabot threatening legal action

    Hi all,

    I am looking for some advice. Mortimer Clarke solicitors have received a letter from these rats saying that they are going to take legal action against me despite me paying £10 per month towards my debt for the last 4 years and never missing a payment.

    I can't afford to go to court and I can't afford to pay this debt off, they are asking me to phone them which I am not going to do.

    I don't know what I can do can some please advise me what I may be able to do to stop legal action.

    Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

  • #2
    Is the agreement you have to pay £10 from the Court? If not how was the agreement reached?


    • #3
      We submitted a i&e form and it was agreed with them


      • #4
        In that case you really should apply to the Court to have the payment arrangement ratified. At present they are quite within their rights to ask for further information about your circumstances or demand you pay more. You will need Form N245, cost of application is about £50 unless you are on certain Benefits or low wage in which case also submit Form EX160 to claim Fee Remission. They are both simple forms to fill in.


        • #5
          Thank you for your help


          View our Terms and Conditions

          LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

          If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

          If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.



          MONEY & DEBT

          Help and support with all issues related to finances. If you’d like information on sources of free, regulated, debt help and advice you can visit the Money Advice Service. It's an independent service, set up by the government to help people make the most of their money.
          See more
          See less

          Court Claim ?

          Guides and Letters

          Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

          Find a Law Firm