• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FPAs what do they share?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FPAs what do they share?

So far I have discovered hunter and sira. There is also CIFAs which I think is different.

I think hunter and sira are given copies of applications form data. The next time the customer applies for a new service, the hunter software compares answers to see if they are the same. If not they tell the bank the application is bad.

If a suspicion of fraud is identified the bank will then place a flag on the applicants CIFAS file to warn other lenders.

It's all very clever and I can see a need for it. However, has anyone here obtained a SAR from hunter or SIRA?

What was in it?

Does hunter actually share the details of application form answers with other lenders or do they just provide a good or bad indicator?

If your phone number does not match do they say "BAD phone number mismatch error" or do they say "BAD phone number mismatch 01555223223 on file vs 01444333222 on application"?

Or do they just share everything they have with the lenders so they can see for themselves?

I feel that sharing your private data is intrusive whereas only pointing out that a discrepancy exists so that the bank can make further enquiries is balanced.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X