• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrongly added Default with O2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrongly added Default with O2

I ordered an O2 sim card in Oct/Nov 2018. The card did not arrive. A few weeks later, I contacted O2 and told them exactly that and asked for the account to be closed/cancelled. O2 confirmed that the sim had not been activated and that the account would be closed. But they said they had already taken £20 and said they would return a portion. I wasn't going to argue and was glad that it was closed. Several months later in May 2019 O2 registered a default which continued to Jun 2020. I was oblivious to this. No letters or anything like that. Around June 2020, I looked at credit reference agencies. And there it was. I raised an issue with the agency who provided contact details for the O2 which I addressed. After some wrangling, I was able to prove that I did not owe them anything and they said they would remove any marks for the period the default was registered. Which they did. But instead of leaving it there, they registered a default starting July 2020.

This time, they have registered the default with several reference agencies.

I have been rejected on a mortgage and extended borrowing. My credit rating is impacted. What options do I have and what should I do?

They have admitted fault and I have evidence of this

Please help legal beagles
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X