• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Wrong Default Date?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong Default Date?

I may be a bit late in joining but I also have a default date query.

I defaulted on a barclaycard in September 2012, payments were getting out of hand so I wrote and asked to freeze the interest as I couldn’t pay them anymore. I have checked my bank statements and they show the last payment going out in September. But the default date on my credit file is June 2013, the next year when Robinson way were assigned to recover the debt. I have been paying them £10 per month ever since and every month they mark DF on my credit file which greatly damages my credit.
    I would like to apply for a mortgage next year and have been advised to wait until this drops off in June, but if the default date is actually earlier then I would like to get is changed even though it may only be 6 months or so.

Do who do I write to? Barclaycard or Robinson Way (current creditor)? What do I say? Do I need proof?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

HI Mendermaker, I'll move your post to it's own thread so it doesn't get lost on the end here...

If you are looking at your credit file and there are DF marks every month that is simply stating the same default date -it's not damaging your file any further - and you say it will drop off in June 2019.

If your last payment went out in September, then it would be at least December before the account was defaulted and Barclays are quite slow to default accounts. You could send a SAR to barclaycard to find out the exact default date.

With regards the mortgage, you will have to declare whatever debt is still owed on the barclaycard so if you can get it settled it will help ( have it marked as partially settled in your credit file which might enable you to get your mortgage sooner AND no debt to declare on your affordability )

SAR to barclaycard - Subject Access Request Letter

or you might just be able to ring and ask them when the account defaulted
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X