• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent Help Needed RCI Finance are going to take my car :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help Needed RCI Finance are going to take my car :(

Hello I am hoping there is someone out there that may be able to help me.

i took car finance out back in Nov 2012, I have been paying £249 each month, most of the time the payments have gone out by DDebit on or around 1st of each month, due to my job (work for myself) I don't have a regular pay day so sometime the DD would bounce but it would be paid on the next time rci tried but it was quite rare really this happened. Back in sept 2013 I changed banks & was advised my direct debits would change over (stupid girl believed this!) my Oct payment bounced which I didn't notice in my old account & I had put the money in new account, according to RCI they wrote to me on 15th oct to tell me my DD had failed (I didn't get this letter). My nov payment went out on the correct date in nov from my old account which I only found out it had at the end Nov when I randomly decided to check the account, not thinking anything more about it I then presumed tat must have been the last payment out of that account & just put Dec payment in new account (which to this date is still sitting there!) I was having a few personal problems & obviously it was Xmas & I stupidly didn't check my accounts old or new (new is my work account & has loads of DD's going out of) anyway Dec payment was applied thru old account & that bounced. So by 20th Dec I owed £500 to them from Oct & Dec on 20th dec they issued my with a default notice, now this was the Friday before Xmas I have no knowledge of ever receiving this letter, but after today & tearing my house apart looking for something/anything from them I found the letter in our porch, it has dropped down the back of some boxes.

Today I received a call from a guy from a collection department saying he was coming to get the car (hence the tearing house apart for this default letter!) He was very good with me to be fair & I explained the bank cock up & my stupidity but offered to pay there & then the £500 he said to speak with RCI but said they should be ok if I explain the change of banks. Oh no they were just horrible, they have said tough they were not interested what so ever, i offered to pay the money there & then as 2 payment are sitting in my new account, nope they were still not interested, I even offered to pay next months also, still they wouldn't call off the collection of my car. I use the car for work so no car no work & will put my family into financial hardship, no still no help. (At this point I was saying i hadn't recieved the default as I had genuinely not ever seen it! It wasn't until I got home from work I started my search)

having found the the default it says my last payment was on the 3rd dec which would mean I had missed oct & nov but they tell me the phone & my bank confirms I paid nov..... I am wondering if I could bide any time by saying the default is incorrect?????

This really is a genuine mistake & some sheer stupidity on my behalf & I have said that to them, I certainly did not go out to deliberately miss my payments, the money was there & still is there to pay them, I am an honest hardworking person, I only have this finance & a credit card which only has £800 limit on which has plenty of credit on & I haven't missed a payment. I have offered the money to them & they have said that they wouldn't help me keep the car but they are happy to take the money & will knock it off my final bill or repay it to me if the car gets more at auction than what I owe!

I have spoken to national debt & they have said to take the car off my drive & leave it at a friends house & to apply for a time order which will cost me £150..... I've no idea what this is nor if it will even help me as it is for people who can't pay their debt where as i can & I can continue to keep paying the normal monthly figure, it has just been a genuine mistake.

also I haven't paid 1/3 off so I believe this doesn't help either! Sorry if I have rambled here I've had a terrible day, head is destroyed & I've sobbed most of the day & it's my sodding birthday too! (Can't say it's been the best birthday going!)

Any help or advice wud be gratefully accepted & yes I know I have been stupid & should have checked my bank accounts more my hubby has given me down the banks enough on that one!

thank you x
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X