• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Incorrect Default removed for latepayment markers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect Default removed for latepayment markers

I had a current account with Nationwide which I ran up an unauthorised overdraft due to a £15 direct debit being returned (which in turn led to £250 worth of fees) and me moving house.
    Nationwide issued a default notice in 2008 which they issued incorrectly.I entered a debt management programme in 2008 and they negotiated a payment plan with nationwide which was settled in 2010. My credit file in 2012 showed a default marker in 2008 and i settled the account in 2010 (no markers in between this date).subsequently I challenged nationwide on their incorrect issuing of the default and they agreed it was wrong and agreed to remove it and compensate me. They have removed it but now issued 4 months late payment red flags every month from Aug 2008(previous default date) to settled date (sept 2008).
    even though it was being paid at reduced rate.
    This will now stay on my file for 6 years (2016) whereas the default would of dropped of in (2014) therefore leaving me in a worse position.

Can i argue that.
    1.) Due to the default being removed in 2008 (due to your incompetence) and latepayment markers being put in place till 2010 this puts me at a disadvantage as the removal of the default in 2014 would have removed this entry on my credit files.
    2.) Due to the Default Notice not being accurate this not only invalidates the default notice ( Woodchester Lease Management Services Ltd v Swain & Co NLD 14 July 1998 ) but is an unlawful rescission of contract which would not only prevent the Court enforcing any alleged debt, but give the Defendant a counter claim for damages. ( Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society [1996] 4 All ER 119 ). Therefore recording data in my credit file after the date of issuing a defective default notice (which terminated the contract) is incorrect.
    3.) They have recorded 4 months late charges red markers on my file every month from the recinded default date (April 2008) till the settled date 2010 even though i had an arrangement with them.

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X