• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard Charges refunded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard Charges refunded

Hi all experts out there. I would like some advice please?
    I recently made a successful claim against barclaycard for unfair credit card charges totaling about £1000. Unfortunately I had some problems a few years ago and fell behind with payments on that card and it was passed to 1st Credit. I got back on my feet and agreed a full and final settlement with 1st Credit in 2008 and have the letter confirming this.
    My problem is that Barclaycard insist that they have 'credited' my refund to my account with 1st Credit. 1st Credit say they have no credit from Barclaycard and that the account was satisfied.
    These charges were accepted as being unfair, they contributed to my financial problems at the time and Barclaycard agreed to refund them. Surely it is illegal for either barclaycard or 1st Credit to hold money that belongs to me against an account that has been satisfied?
    What should I do next? I want to write to 1st Credit and Barclaycard threatening them with something as I can't believe they are not acting illegally. Would the FOS be the best route or should I persevere with the companies directly?
    Many thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X