• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cifas Error by HSBC and Loss of Contract Jobs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cifas Error by HSBC and Loss of Contract Jobs

Hi all, this is my first ever post so please bear with me if I make a mistake or error with forum norms.

In June 2010 I opened a business bank account with HSBC for a Ltd Co that I set up to work as a contractor in the investment industry.

I filled in all the necessary paperwork and my account was opened successfully. I operated this account for several months with no indication from HSBC anything was wrong.

However around 6 months later when I next applied for a contract job with Lloyds bank I was credit checked and had the offer of the contract job rescinded. I wasn't given the real reason for why the offer was rescinded at first, but thought it was just bad luck and applied elsewhere.

I was successful in securing a contract offer from RBS about a month later but again had the offer rescinded after going through credit screening. Sensing something was wrong I pushed and pushed to get details of why the contract offer was pulled.

It turned out that I had a CIFAS fraud indicator lodged against me by HSBC. Apparently they claimed that when I opened my account I supplied false address information ( note I did no such thing). I was advised to contact CIFAS and get a report from them detailing what entries had been made and by which entity.

I contacted HSBC once this info from CIFAS come through about a month later. I pointed out that they had made an error and after an investigation they wrote to me and advised they had indeed made an error and would rectify this by contacting CIFAS.

Now that was all well and good but the error made by HSBC cost me 2 different contracts with Lloyds and RBS respectively. These were day rate contracts for 3 months minimum a piece on a daily rate of £475. It also took me until May 2011 to land another contract despite applying for lots of opportunities.

I'd like to know what legal case I have against suing HSBC for the loss of income from those contracts. I have in writing from both companies the reason they pulled the contracts and the value that each of these contracts would have been worth to me. Also I suffered considerable reputational loss, as both of these companies would now view me as someone who had a questionable financial past, despite the fact that it was an error that was eventually cleared up.

I'm happy to take this case to court I just need to know if there is any precedent for such a claim and what kind of case I would need to launch. Luckily being an analyst I'm very good with keeping written records and have lots of supporting documentation.

Any help would be most gratefully received.

Regards

FS

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X