• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Mags65 - Barclays ISA and Unit Trust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mags65 - Barclays ISA and Unit Trust

Mags65

Thank you for the welcome. I joined because I hope you can help me with a problem.

In June last year we sold our house and I invested £10,000 in an ISA and a Unit Trust on the advice of Barclays Bank. I repeatedly explained to the advisor that I wanted the capital to remain intact and asked if there was any investment that would do that. I was advised to make a 'cautious' investment and told that the capital would stay intact, and it would give me a small income every 3 months which would vary according to the market. I asked several times whether the £10,000 would be affected and was told no.

Today I wanted to withdraw some of the money and was told - by another advisor as the one I dealt with has moved positions - that the capital had decreased by about £2500! As you can imagine, I'm disappointed, frustrated and very angry. Unfortunately, I have no proof of the conversation I had with the original advisor but I feel I have been incorrectly advised and it has cost me a lot of money. I've never had this amount of 'spare' money in my life before - it was very precious to me and I tried to 'futureproof' it to help in my old age. I'm 65 now and my health has deteriorated quite rapidly in the past 3 years.

Do I have any form of redress against the bank or do I just have to suffer the loss.

Hope you can advise me.

Mags

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X