• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff fees added - old address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff fees added - old address

Good evening. Hoping to keep this short and concise. Any help really appreciated!

Sent originated from council tax in 2019.

I moved address for a new career 240miles away in December 2019 and have lived here ever since.

A distant friend resides at previous address.

A CCJ was filed regarding this debt in January 2020 but no correspondence was received my end or at the old address.

Move forward to this year; early April I learn of a letter received from Bailiff - Notice of Enforcement dated 13/03. Stated I had ten days to settle a payment/payment plan or £75 will be added after ten days from 13/03 and bailiff instructed to visit.

Obviously I was unaware of this letter till well after the time period passed. Attempted to contact Dukes via email but zero response. Asked for breathing space in order to check the original debt with the respective council (I wasn’t awarded a week of Housing despite being on UC for a short period due to a contract date given by the old employer).

29/04 a note was left at the old address stating a bailiff had visited. New balance £310 more than original outstanding.

I’ve since contacted both dukes and the bailiff agent to state I’m more than happy to settle the original debt over a payment plan but at this stage they will not remove the fees despite all correspondence not being sent to me and obviously me only seeing them much later than one would have expected.

Tried live chat today with the company and firstly was told the fees will remain because I spoke to the enforcement agent - I have never spoken to him/her.

secondly told the fees would remain because “I tried to use their web chat service to complete an income form” - I have zero recollection of doing this and I also wonder if it’s another tactic?

any help on where I stand with the fees added would be incredible. Thank you

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X