• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bristow and Sutor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bristow and Sutor

Good morning and thank you so much in advance for any help you can advise
    long story short
    Got into a right mess years ago with our council tax, repossession, redundancy and illness.
    any how, we're getting back on track and currently paying Dukes £25 a week and they have been awesome to be fair,and ive already cleared one liability ( currently 3 left)
    now this is where things got awkward
    i received a letter beginning of September from Bristo and Sutor stating they have taken on 3 liabilities from the council( I've once disputed what we owe) they are very clever at sending letters past the date you need to reply by
    Anyway I sent a letter back, apologised for the delay as I didn't receive it in time ( sent recorded signed for) i had assumed Dukes were dealing with all the liabilities but this was not the case.
    I offered £25 a week as I am with Dukes,as this was an affordable amount which would not put a strain on our other bills,including rent etc
    They again responded with a letter asking for income etc ,again this was received after the date they wanted it back.
    However i sent it back ( special delivery)
    just a point,I'd made 2 weekly payments at this point in good faith.
    now 5 weeks in £125 paid so far and not even a peek out of them
    I get a rather rude agent on my door step Tuesday (26th) demanding full payment or he'll take my things
    I didn't answer the door,i messaged him and explained that I'm already paying weekly, that his office hasn't rejected my payments and that I cannot afford to pay in full.
    He said "yes the payments have been received but no plan is in place " and what I'm paying is unacceptable.
    I did not receive any notice that an agent was to attend property
    I've now received 2 threatening emails and one text accusing me of deliberately ignoring them which I haven't.
    They are also so difficult to get hold of,WhatsApp are bots,live chat I was cut off and email they won't respond to even though apparently its the only way to deal with them.
    any advice would be greatful
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X