• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ - Nolan’s Solicitor - Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ - Nolan’s Solicitor - Scotland

Hi

In 2019 I was given a letter on my doorstop advising that Nolan’s had taken over a debt I owned from aqua credit card and it was a letter advising I was being taken to court (sep 2019) for a hearing regarding a CCJ.

I wasn’t at this point aware of the first steps I could take and the defence I could put forward. I quite honestly panicked at the thought of being taken to court. I wrote a letter to the court advising I was too scared to attend and had been in touch with step change and offered a repayment without having to attend court. I was terrified.

The repayment was agreed in court in my absence and I have been making repayment ever since however I am no way close to paying it off as of yet as my repayments are small as I am currently making token repayments to my creditors as advised by stepchange.

my question is, is it worth going though any of the first steps now that I have already got the CCJ? Could I in theory request the CCA agreement etc to see if there are any options to fight the CCJ in any way or would I be wasting my time and it’s too little too late do you think?

I realise I am way too late, I just honestly didn’t know the abundance of advise and support that was available and just completely freaked out at the time as was just glad I didn’t have to attend court

any advice would be much oy appreciated. I have made some very poor decisions in the past with finance and now with making token payments I have one CCJ and over 10 defaults mostly with Lowell so I am trying to educate myself as much as possible as to how best navigate this situation and slowly start to repair my situation in any way that I can

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X