• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lowell / Overdales

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell / Overdales

Hello good afternoon

I hope I am adding this on the right threat. But I am wondering if I could have some assistance.

In yesterday received a letter from overdoses solicitors that Lowell have instructed on a catalogue I had back in 2015. I believed I paid off the catalogue in around 2017/18 and 6 months ago I had a letter from Lowell saying I owed over £3000. The company they said I owed money to was JD Williams and I had never heard of them, I did ignore that letter and then a few months later I had a court letter regarding mediation that I sent back and wrote on there I requested more information as I had never heard of the company. I also agreed to mediation. I then a while after that had an email for mediation which I had on the 3rd of July. It transpired that JD Williams was the company for the original Fashion world account I had. I told them on mediation I believed I paid it off and that I never had a credit amount of over £500 so I don’t know why I am being chased for over £3000. In medication I asked for the credit agreement and proof, they couldn’t provide it there and then and mediation couldn’t go any more forward and then yesterday I got a letter from the solicitor with with documents included as
    1: reconstituted agreement
    2: proof of defaul notice (which is only a screen shot of an excel spread sheet just saying default)
    3: transactional statement.

the statement is 6 pages long and I really didn’t order much from the catalogue but there is a lot on it and doesn’t even have my name on it.
    it says our client remains confident that you are liable for the full amount claimed on X amount and we await the court directions.

apparently the default notice was sent May 2019. I had moved out of the address in August 2018 and from memory I paid it off which was just over £500, so I have no idea why it’s this much as I am confident my credit limit was only £500. It doesn’t even say on the reconstituted agreement how much the limit was.

if I go to court I can’t prove I paid this as it was so long ago. I don’t work as I look after my disabled son, and if I paid £10 a month coz that’s all I could do then I will be paying this for 30 years. But I am really questioning this because I feel I don’t have a leg to stand on because I don’t know how to defend myself for something that’s over 5 years old and I forgot I even had until Lowell contacted me.

again I’m sorry if this is on the wrong thread but I really don’t know what to do. Can anyone advise xx

thanks for your time
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X