• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Small claims track hearing- Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small claims track hearing- Lowell

Hi,

I've just received a small claims track hearing from county court today in regards to a debt of £302 I allegedly owe 3 mobile which is being represented by Lowells portfolio/Lowells solicitors. To be honest I don't know this claim as I don't remember signing an agreement with 3 mobile. Over the past year I've been receiving letters from Lowell telling me that I owe them £89, £176, £400..different amounts and some were under my maiden name, some with threats that they were gonna send a bailiff to collect my debt..all of these were annoying and sometimes stressful so i chose to ignore all of them. Until I got a letter from county court this time I owe lowell £302. So i replied to the letter within 14 days that i wanted to defend my case and that I don't know of any of the claims thrown at me by Lowell. I then received a letter about mediation which I was happy to negotiate with. I filled out the forms and sent it back to county court and waited for a week for the mediator to phone me to confirm a date for the mediation but I didn't get a call. After 2 weeks I received a letter stating that my case was now transferred to a court hearing which puzzles me coz I agreed to the mediation process as it's more convenient for me so did Lowell and they even sent me a copy of their agreement of settling it through mediation. So i don't understand why it was transferred to a court hearing. Prior to receiving a court hearing, Lowell sent me a letter saying that they contacted their client 3 mobile to send them a copy of the agreement but might take long. Funny thing is, even though my name was in the top bit with my address, the letter was addressed to a Mrs. Donnelly which isn't my name! I believe they must have mixed up my name...this court hearing is causing stress to me now..my court hearing is on the 5th January and I have exams on that week as I'm a full time student. I hope you can give me some advice on how to defend myself in the hearing
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X