• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Daughter's name openly slandered on FB

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter's name openly slandered on FB

Hi
    need a little advise please, I'll give you a quick background info.
    My daughter lives with my ex-wife and I only get to see my 17 year old daughter 2 to 3 times a year (whenever my daughter feels like visiting basically), she has been rebellious since she was 13. kicked out of every school in a 20 mile radious, doing drugs, smoking and drinking, last time I saw her she said she was getting her life back on track and is now going to college to get her grades up so she can become a midwife.

Now for her latest misdemeanour (if that's the right word for it) Basically she along with a friend went to a hair salon where she had her hair trimmed, her friend was going to pay but had to dash off leaving my daughter there without the money to pay for it. My daughter then left saying she needs to get some money to pay the hair dresser and did a runner.
    I have just found out about this on facebook after the hairdresser in question posted my daughters profile on facebook and saying what my daughter had done, it's now gone viral with nearly all the comments wishing ill things.
    My wife replied stating that this is a breach of client confidentiality, the hairdresser seems to think it isn't because well here's her answer 'I didn't share any information given at the salon .... I shared her public social media account which I found at home ... on my personal account on a open social media platform! Doesn't come under data protection I'm afraid
    People have to pay to be a client too'
    I have contacted facebook to have this post removed off facebook, but I think the hairdresser is out of line doing this.
    I don't want the hairdresser getting in to trouble for this post she started but I'd like to inform her of her legal obligations so she doesn't get into deep water in the future.

I'm not excusing what my daughter has done, tbh I'm livid with her and I'll be having words with her about this matter. I believe the police have been contacted and will be paying my daughter a visit, I'd like her to be punished for this (community service) hopefully it would have the desired effect.
    I know she'll come up with some lame excuse for running out without paying but at the end of the day she has to realise that although she is 17 years old she is still responsible for her actions.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X