• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Credit Card Court Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Court Claim

Goodmorning all, I need some help and advise,
    My apologies at this stage, I will refer to the parties as per claimants’ witness statement as follows:
    - BANK
    - Company CO - LE (Collector)
    - Company AA – AA
    - Company BB – BB
    - Company CC – CC(Claimant)

The Case: CC- CC (Claimant) Vs Me

Following the advise from a genius members on this forum, I sent my initial defense,requested s77-79 CCA, CPR 18 and the witness statement on time.

- I sent my witness statement and the evidence to the court on time and wassigned for. The court for the hearing set and I attended. The Judge advisedthat he has not received my witness statement which I included my evidence. Inthe court room the judge requested a copy of m witness statement because my original one and my exhibits are gone missing.

The judgment decided against me without examining any of my exhibits.

- Now in the process of making an appeal and need your advise:

The following is the summery of the case:

Company CC – CC has made a court claim for a bank credit card debt.
    Company CC – CC claimed that they bought the debt from company BB - BB, whobought the debt from company AA - AA, and they claimed that company AA - AA boughthe debt from the bank (As per their witness statement).

I had no assignment notices from none of them until I requested themfrom company CC – CC (Claimant) after my first defence was sent outwithin the 28 days.

Ireceived two copies of notice of assignments for company AA – AA to BB – BB,and the second one from BB – BB to CC = CC the claimant.

I have not received assignment notice from the Bank to company AA–AA at all. So the first assignment notice is missing.

Also I have received from the claimant, other documents (copy ofincomplete signed slip, part of agreement, transactions log and default notice.

Now I am going into the main points:
    Iprepared my defence base on the claimants’ statement and their evidences as follows:
    - The case statement in the Practice Direction on the Pre-Action Protocol letter, stated that in year 2000, I entered into anagreement with company AA – EL(collector),they combined two company names. In fact my agreement was with the Bank. No any other document were sent with theletter. Is this comply with the requirements?

- On the court Claim Form(N1SDT) made by the claimant, and in the particulars of claim (POC), the claimant signedon the Summary & Statement of Truth and stated that in year 2000, I enteredinto an agreement with the Bank, and they assigned the debt to company BB – BB, then assigned to companyCC- CC (The Claimant). No mention to the 1st company AA – AA.

- On their witness statement they stated that I had an agreement with the bank, then the debt assigned to company AA-AA, thenAA – AA to BB – BB and finally BB – BB to CC –CC the claimant.

- The claimant provided a copy of unsigned/dated agreement between the Bank and company AA – AA for the credit card debt assignment.

- Also in the witness statement they included two signed copies of the others two agreements between company AA- AA & company BB –BB, and between companiesBB –BB & CC – CC (the claimant).

- The copy of the notice of assignment from company BB – BB do not comply with the Companies Act 2006 (Labilities of Displays and Disclosures), becauseno company details (registered office, contact details) and the notice is not on a headed paper, just included the collectors’ information.

- Is there is a legal issue if thecontinuous contract is not linking the claimant? Because the agreement for thefirst assignment was not signed/ dated and no notice of assignment presented orreceived at all?

- Also the contradicted case statements in the Pre-Action Protocol letter, the Court Claim Form and the witness statement.

- The copy of the signed slip between me and the bank is not complete agreement since the credit limit condition and the other terms are missing.

- The figures they claiming, and the amount I paid to the bank/ thecollector do not add up with the final balance on the transaction log.

- Finally in court room, the judge requested copy of my witness statement which read quickly and my exhibits are totally ignored and I have never been asked a single one although I had the originals.

Do I have a ground for an appeal or retrial?
    I hope I made my points understandable.
    Regards.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X