• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Weightmans & PPI redress

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weightmans & PPI redress

Hi,
    I have just accepted Yorkshire Banks offer for miss sold PPI insurance, I had a loan in 2006 & paid a big chunk of it 42 payments out of 60 , the Yorkshire bank sold the debt to Cabot & they took me to court & I have a payment plan with Weightmans to pay off the remaining debt.

What I need to know is would Cabot have purchased the PPI element of my loan & if so will they have to deduct that element of the debt they purchased from Yorkshire Bank when I ask for a total amount owed to date so I can pay it off once I have the money in the bank .

Oddly enough I had a phone call from Weightmans on Wednesday querying my date of birth , so I asked them to put there request in writing as they asked for a copy of my birth certificate , well I did indeed get a letter from Weightmans asking for a copy , then friday I got a letter from Yorkshire Bank saying my claim was successful, which made me wonder if Weightmans knew I had been awarded a payout.

So do I wait for Cabot / Weightmans to contact me asking for the remainder of the debt to be paid or do I offer to pay whats owed minus the PPI element of what they purchased

I hope this makes sense
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X