• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

admitted clain in 2014 but offer of payment refused, today recived a ccj

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• admitted clain in 2014 but offer of payment refused, today recived a ccj

Advice needed please.

On 01-07-2014 I admitted a debt through the county court business centre in a case against myself and Mortimer Clarke Solicitors for Cabot Financial (UK)Ltd for an old credit card debit. I offered to make repayments at £1 a month prior to the case being registered and on the court paperwork at the time along with my income and expenditure sheet, but the company wouldn't accept the payment as my outgoings were higher than my incomings. I was off sick having returned to study but had to withdraw due to a long term anxiety and depression condition. I wasn't able to claim JSA at the time, and so had little income from maintenance and child benefit. The debt was from some time earlier when I had been employed but was released due to long term illness.

They wrote a few weeks ago again stating that I could not afford the £1 repayment offered and demanded contact be made within 14 days. 14 days later they sent the same letter again - both I did not answer as I am current suffering from anxiety and depression and just cannot cope.

Today I received a 'judgement for claimant (acceptance)' from the court accepting the £1 payment per month. dated 08-05 17.

My question is can they apply for judgement nearly 3 years later, when they wouldn't accept the £1 payment offered prior, during and after the original case was raised please? I have not made any payments as they said they would not accept them.

The court document also states that if I pay the balance in full within one month, you can ask the court to cancel the entry on the register. Does that mean the entry is completely cancelled, or does one still have to declare having received a ccj if applying for any future credit, and if so, for how long please?

Also, can anyone advice the cost of requesting a 'Certification of Cancellation' and explain what this certificate actually means for future credit applications please. I lost everything, but would one day like to try and get a mortgage again. I'm hoping returning to studies and gaining a BSc will help to make me employable again.

Any advice would be gratefully received
    Thank you all :-)
    Last edited by shouldhaveknownbetter; 12th May 2017, 18:08:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X