• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

bristow and sutor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bristow and sutor

my mother received a visit from bristow and sutor. She had been struggling with her council tax bill, she has constantly had her money stopped due to changes in the benefit system and had to sit many medicals (shes disabled) and has had to wait for her money to go back to normal. They appeared at the door around 8am just as i had got in from a night shift. The man we knew was a local police officer, he had threatened my mum a few times with arrest with the warrant he had. My mms money had been stopped at this point so my mum could not offer a payment. Obviously i was upset at this and the officer told me he would take my stuff aswell so we better sort something. I had to give them my whole wages it left me with nothing the whole month as they refused a payment plan. i had no choice about this,i now know this officer was retired so was wondering on this part was this illegal to threaten my mum? did he have that power and why did he still act lie a police office with his warrant.
    again we received a visit from bristow and sutor trying to take our stuff as my mums money was stopped again. they told us they had to travel all the way from Birmingham to deal with us after much argument they agreed on a payment plan, i just had no money to pay this off.

now a few weeks ago my sister tried to make a payment from my mums account, we found that there were two accounts duplicated with the same details. the only difference with the account is one has an initial in the middle name. looking on the transactions it shows payments were being thrown from each account then settled. now when my mum made her last payment both accounts said a balance owed £0 and balance due £0, but infact supposedly she still owed money, knowing bristow and sutor they add charges and the balance is £222.22 but cannt see charges or what orignal bill was when last payment was made they sent us a letter for a payment plan just over a week ago, not sure why we received the letter only two days ago. They are now refusing a payment plan they offered and denying there are two accounts. i have a screen shot of both accounts but not at the zero stage.
    to be quite honest i am scared were gonna receive another visit from them because of there mistake. They are so rude and unsympathetic towards any situation, they speak to my mum like she is worth nothing and treat me like an idiot. I honestly can't deal with this complaint again.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X