• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Northridge VT checklist question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northridge VT checklist question

Hi,

I phoned Northridge on Friday 3 Feb to initiate VT (which I have never done before). They went through a checklist on phone (asking if car was MOTd, had spare key etc) and said I had to take car to Auction place in Shotts (about 40 miles away) and they would confirm in writing. I've now had letter through and will be dropping the car off at Auction place (Manheim) tomorrow.

The service history of the car is up to date (just serviced in December) and the MOT not due until March. Bodywork wise there's a couple of minor road chips and some alloy wheel scuffs (car is 5 years old and I didn't buy it from new). Otherwise it's been well looked after.

There is a checklist that I have to return to Northridge after I return the vehicle asking for
    • mileage,
    • have I provided evidence of service history,
    • Does vehicle have any mechanical faults
    • Have I included V5 document
    • Have I included 2 sets of keys
    • Does it have a roadworthy spare wheel and tool kit

However, there is then a paragraph which says 'I confirm that I wish to exercise my rights under the above hire-purchase agreement and acknowledge that per the conditions that my liabilities under the aforementioned agreement will cease provided I have taken 'reasonable care of the goods'. If it later transpires that any of the above checklist items has been incorrectly advised, I will remain liable for the cost incurred by the finance company in remedying'. Do I have to sign this? There are no 'mechanical faults' that I know of but I am concerned in signing this they may find or invent some that I then have to cover. Just want to know what legal obligations are so that I don't have to do anything over and above that?

Also, can I now cancel direct debit since I gave them notice over 2 weeks ago?

Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X