• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is Mortgage payment protector PPI? How far back can you go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mortgage payment protector PPI? How far back can you go?

When i got my mortgage from HSBC in 1995 they sold me a mortgage payment protector. I ran with this for 11 years. When i was sold the product it was said if you are out of work it will pay the mortgage.
    This was clarified to me over the phone about 1 yr after having been sold the product.
    When i was dismssed from my job in 2006 i phoned up to activate the mortgage payment protector, they said unfortunately you cannot use this as you have been dismissed. Later after 7 months of negotations and a pending tribunal the compasny which had offered reinstatement and had backtracked on their decision paid me out.
    I went onto work elsewhere. But when the Mortgage payment protector didn't serve its purpose and what i was sold it as, i decided to cancel the product.
    Is there any recompense for me as this was clearly mis sold. Or was it just wasted money which i paid for 11 years?
    I have tried a few years ago to contact the PPI companies and they have tried but it doesn't seem to be under the same umbrella as ppi.
    Since this time i have unfortunately had to go into debt manaement and have been so for 5 yrs now.
    Part of the debt management is with HSBC. So i did change my bank account to Halifax.
    Any advice would be appreciated with this matter.
    Regards
    Mr M gaskell
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X