• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Previous employer!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Previous employer!!!

Good Morning,

Hope I can get some answers here as I'm drawing a blank everywhere else.

My fiancé left his previous employer yesterday, his employer hasn't paid hiM his wage for the week commencing 28th October (around £300) the employer also told him that he won't be paying him for the 2 days work he did for the company this week when next week's pay day comes around.

The employer loaned my fiancé the money for his class one lorry license which he's been paying back at £25 per week however in his written resignation he offered payment of £30 per week. There is no written contract stating that when he left he would sacrifice his wages to help clear that off quicker it was just a verbal agreement between the two with no witnesses, he has also said he will go to my fiancés parents to demand the money.

It's not written into his employment contract and terms and the employer has showed multiple levels of unproffesionalism in the past (this includes various factors the biggest one being driving hours and the threat to sack him if he didn't do the hours he's wanted him to do - 140 over a 2 week period).

Is there anything we can do?

Thankyou
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X