• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Overdraft charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdraft charges

Hi everyone

New member here. I was looking into getting some historic Bank charges refunded seeing as others have had some success with it. From 2009-2013 i was stuck in a £1400 overdraft and unable to get out of it. During these 4 years i really struggled. I was working a dead end job at a factory on minimum wage and was told i could not pay it off in increments, instead they expected me to save the whole £1400 and clear it in full which at the time, was impossible. I had too many outgoings and was constantly having to borrow to make ends meet. It was not until the end of 2013 that my mother received her divorce settlement and bailed me out, by this time i must have easy amassed at least a grand's worth of charges over the 4 years. I went into the bank this morning and inquired about this and to have my statements printed off for these years. The snotty cow who i spoke to in reception told me if I have received any refunds for charges in the past couple of months, no matter how big or small, then this would cancel out any chances of being refunded for any historic charges!!!

I was livid but just said even if get rebuked, I will still pursue it further with the financial ombudsman. Should i bother trying or do you think I will be wasting my time?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X