• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

liability for broken mobile phone screen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liability for broken mobile phone screen

I had to send a faulty phone back to Utilities Warehouse . This was the very cheapest basic Nokia and I had told them that I only wanted a phone for making and receiving calls. They insisted on sending me a loan phone and this was handed over when the courier collected the Nokia. I did not particularly want this but they said that that is their system. When I unpacked the loan phone I found that it was not the same model as the faulty one but a much more expensive smartphone. There was no instruction book with the phone and nothing in the accompanying letter to tell me how to deal with it. In trying to open the phone to put in the SIM card and the battery I initially succeeded in breaking a fingernail and then managed to crack the screen.

Utilities Warehouse say that I must pay half the cost of repairing the phone. I think that they are being unreasonable as I did not ask for the phone and they should have sent one like the orignal Nokia and if that was not available they should have asked me if I wanted the smartphone - and then sent precise instructions as to how to open it (not obvious)

Does anyone know how I stand legally on this issue?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X