• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

I need advice re property law

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need advice re property law

Four years ago I agreed to sign my property rights based on advice from my solicitor. My ex was to ask the mortgage co to remove my name from the deeds or indemnify me. I was not made aware that I was removing my property rights as I know I said that I would sign the property to my ex if he would take on the mortgage debt. He was tasked in the order with using his best endevours to seek to remove my name. Now 4 yrs later he has decided to ask them. The mortgage firm have said they will agree if I agree to remove my title but I will still be held liable for the mortgage debt! The house is in neg equity and I paid the £22,000 for the deposit and all legal fees. My ex lives in the house and only pays the interest on an interest only mortgage. His solicitor is now insisting that as I agreed to sign I will have to go though with it. I was very much in a fragile mental state when I agreed to this. I have no money and I have been threatened with costs etc. I had to go bankrupt two years ago as I was left with all the debt from our marriage as I had a good job then. I do not want to sign my property rights away now and still be left with the debt. Any suggestions? Can I be forced to sign now? I have to represent myself as no legal aid. Thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X