• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Will resigning save me from future bad references?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will resigning save me from future bad references?

Can anyone help me?

i have been working for a company for just under 6 months. Last week I went in to work feeling very hung over and reported to my boss before shift stared to, I explained I was feeling very ill and was honest with my reasons. I felt very dizzy and weak as I hadn't eaten in over 24/36 hrs. On my next shift I was suspended pending investigation for alleged gross misconduct for being at work under the influence of alcohol stating witnesses said I was unable to walk properly and was swaying. Have attended an informal investigation where I explained I was not drunk, I was hung over but statements from colleagues are suggesting strongly otherwise. It's now going to disciplinary and I think I will get the sack.
    does it make any difference that I didn't clock in and start my shift, I just went to tell my boss I was too ill to work today?
    i haven't had an invite to the hearing yet, but am thinking shall I hand my notice in with immediate effect, to save me getting a bad reference as I have an impeccable record and don't want this to effect my career? Or can they still give me a bad reference?

i have an interview soon and don't want this to effect my chances of getting the job.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X