• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello everyone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give.

Roll back to 2011 I had a friend stop with me who had been having personal problems so I gave her my spare room, my other half was not best pleased as trouble tends to come with this person.....any way I found out 7months in that she had opened an account with fashion world using my date of birth but my partners surname, I happened to be home first one day an got the post, a statement showing a shopping account, balance £1,460, I confronted her an she admitted straight away what she had done, I pointed out that she had committed fraud an had taken advantage of us, she said she was paying the account an would not be using the account anymore, I asked were there any more debts, she had opened a next account an capital one card....how, I have no idea, she is not financially linked to either me or partner based on credit reports from noddle, experian an equifax.

As she had a limited income I knew at this point there was going to be problems, because of this I know I have done the wrong thing but I have been helping her pay these debts, she moved out shortly after an I haven't seen or heard from her since, I now have reduced the accounts over time outstanding with Next is £126, I pay £6 month, Capital One £780 is £30 month.

the bombshell was in the post today a claim form from the county court business centre for non payment of JD Williams account the balance £1970.39, I spoke to JDW at the time of the account falling into arrears, as they kept adding admin charges, they weren't interested in helping or removing the charges, it has been difficult enough paying the other debts but this has now got out of hand and I am not in a position to pay the amount to stop the ccj, as I have been disputing this I now don't know what to do next....my intention to pay the accounts an close them is what I hoped but now this.

i do know I have not helped the matter by paying these accounts, but I didn't know what else to do, I appreciate I should have gone to the police at the time but I wasn't expecting things to turn out the way they have...

Any advice, I'm pretty sure I will have to just make an agreement to pay this as I cannot prove its not my debt!!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X