• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

general help about when a claim becomes stayed (caboot/mortimer)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• general help about when a claim becomes stayed (caboot/mortimer)

hi all
    im new to all this so please be kind

I received court papers in September they was from caboot/Mortimer Clarke solicitors. this is a statute barred debt and put a defence in stating this.
    on the 8th 0ctober I received a letter from the court stating that my defence had been sent to caboot/Mortimer Clarke and that I should try to sort matters out with them and that if the court didn't hear anything from them within 28 days the case will become stayed, on 24th I received 2 letters from Mortimer Clarke 1st one saying my debt was not statute barred due to agreement of termination date (which I know is not acknowledgement of the debt) the 2nd letter from them was a offer of 40% off the debt which I thought was very strange as if they say its not statute barred surely they would want all the money?

on 28th I sent a letter back saying that an agreement of termination is not acknowledgement of the debt and reminded them of the limitation act and they would need to provide documentation, they received this letter the next day as I sent it recoreded delivery. I still haven't received a reply from them.

I phoned the court a few days ago and asked if caboot/Mortimer had been in contact and they said no and the case would be stayed after 33 days of the 8th October as that's when they sent my defence to them but it has been 33 days but the case does not show being stayed online
    is this because its 33 working days? or are they courts slow changing these things?

also if a case becomes stayed is it easy for them to appeal this?

thanks for reading and welcome all help
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X