• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice regarding Jacobs debt collectors

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice regarding Jacobs debt collectors

hi I am new to your site and just need some advice regarding a problem we are going through with Jacobs debt collectors. We have been paying off a council tax debt for a few months with Jacobs and were due to make our final payment on Oct 31st which has been paid now. Two weeks ago while we were at work a baileif visited our house and left a notice, we called Jacobs to ask why he had come as we had an agreement and they said they had sent a letter to say we had missed a payment! We hadn't missed a payment and also hadn't received a letter from them, we had changed our payment date with them over the phone and had paid the new payment date on time for the past 3 months they said they did not agree to this and have a recording of the phone call to which we asked to hear because we had agreed with them and never missed a payment on the new date, they have since comeback and said they do not in fact have that recording now!!!! They have added on charges for the bailiff coming out of £235.00!!!' We have said we are not paying that as they had no reason to send him out as we have been paying. We have always contacted them if we had received a call or letter and never ignored them as we want to get the debt cleared. We have now made our last payment and they have told us they are only paying some of it to the council and will keep the rest off what we owe them (£235) for the bailiff visit. They are being very rude and threatening in the way they speak to us on the phone, always insisting we have to pay the charges and that's it!!!! I really need some advice as it's worrying me sick. We spoke to the council and they have said to email them what has been said so they can look into it, my husband has also sent a complaint to a .gov email address we got off another thread on here. Hopefully you can help us with this as I feel like we have no where to turn
    Thanks in advance
    TD
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X