• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hello Everyone - Debt sold to Marlin Financial Services

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone - Debt sold to Marlin Financial Services

Hi All,

I'm new to this group so hello to everyone!

I have been fighting Barclays Partner Finance for 2 and a half years now. My partner signed up for a scam home learning course and that was financed by Barclays Partner Finance. The original company we signed up with for the course with went into administration and we were passed onto a new set of cowboys by the finance company to complete the course. We eventually discovered the qualifications he was going to achieve wasn’t worth the paper they were written on and we'd be £7000 out of pocket with nothing to show for it. We had been taken in by the hard sales scam. Funnily enough the company we were passed to so that we could complete the course went into voluntary liquidation last year, not that anybody from the finance company had the decency to advise us about it.

Once we realised we’d be conned we stopped paying Barclays Partner Finance. We wrote to Barclays Partner Finance and the scam course company advising them why we weren’t happy and why we weren’t paying for it anymore. The training company responded saying “not our problem, its financed take it up with the finance company”. The finance companies response was not our problem, the company you signed up or the course with went into administration and we have found a new company so you can continue your course so you need to keep paying.

I told Barclays Partner Finance it was very much their problem as they were as liable as the supplier who mis-sold us the course under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

We reported them to the FOS who of course found in favour of Barclays Partner Finance, that investigation took about 2 years. There was also a group of 16 of us who found a solicitor who agreed to take the case on on a ”No Win No Fee” basis. That lasted about a year but unfortunately the case fell through about a year in as the solicitor was unable to secure “After the Event Insurance” that we needed in place so as not to go bankrupt in the process. In that time Barclays Partner Finance passed our details on to 4 different debt collection companies who all stopped chasing very fast as they could see there was a lot more involved in the case than just simply chasing somebody for non-payment.

It had all been quiet for about a year and until yesterday when we received a letter from Barclays Partner Finance with a letter attached to it from Marlin Financial Services.

Barclays Letter

This letter is formal notice of the assignment of the debt and the closure of your account with
    Clydesdale Financial Services Ltd Trading as Barclays Partner Finance and means that the effective owners of the above account are now Marlin Europe I Limited.

Marlin Europe I Limited have appointed Marlin Financial Services as their servicing agent to manage your account on their behalf. All contact regarding this account should now be directed to Marlin Financial Services. The enclosed letter provides details of how to contact Marlin Financial Services.

Marlin Letter

This letter is notification that we, Marlin Europe I Limited have had assigned to us all right, title, interest and benefit in the debts due in relation to the above account, previously owed to Clydesdale Financial Services Ltd Trading as Barclays Partner Finance. This means that we are now entitled to all sums owed under the account and the benefit of any actions taken by or on behalf of Clydesdale Financial Services Ltd Trading as Barclays Partner Finance prior to the assignment.

I like to know who I’m dealing with so I done some investigation into this debt collectors and I see they were featured on channel 4’s Dispatches for their dodgy antics so I’m guessing they are going to be a real pain.

I am very much in dispute with Barclays Partner Finance so I don’t see how they can transfer this debt.

Any suggestions on dealing with this will be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X