• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

hello - egg mortgage PPI - Do I have a Claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hello - egg mortgage PPI - Do I have a Claim

I took out an EGG mortgage to re-mortgage a property in January 2001 and the mortgage package I bought included 'Payment Protection Premium' that I understand is equivelant to PPI? and 'Buildings Insurance'. The premiums for these two products are detailed seperately to the mortgage payment on my mortgage offer but I make one monthly payment to EGG for the entire package.
    My recollection is that I initially applied for this mortgage on the internet and subsequently I was contacted by a sales advisor from EGG who encouraged me to take the insurances. To the best of my memory I was led to believe that these policies were required in order to get the mortgage. I was not advised that I could seek alternative cover.
    In July 2002 I was made redundant and spent some time considering my employment options and whether to go self employed. A month or so after being made redundant I contacted EGG to make them aware (well within their 120 days conditions) and to start claiming on the policy. They told me that I could not start claiming until I was in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance and I duly signed on. I claimed on the policy for two or three months and then called EGG and I believe wrote to them also (copy correspondance since disposed of unfortunately) to let them know that I had started my own business and would start trading in January 2003.
    In light of all the PPI Mis Selling I have checked my policy and see that I would only be able to make a claim as a self employed person if my business became totally insolvent.
    The mortgage is still running and I am still making the payments for Payment Protection.
    I have been unable to find any information relating specifically to this particular product or its mis-selling and I would appreciate any help or advice that can be provided. Thanks.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X