• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New and slightly confused!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and slightly confused!

Hey there everyone. Brand new to this so bare with me please

So, I've just registered. Had a browse about for a little bit and I think I've came to the right place.

Basically I have several debts which for the first time I am in the position where I can begin to make payments to clear them. I have a student account overdraft from Halifax, rent due to my previous university, a current student overdraft with another bank and a substanical amount to be paid to my old ISP. Both the ISP and Halifax have given my details to debt collection agencies who I have attemtped to contact on several occasions but all of which have been unsuccessful. I've written letters asking how do I start making repayments but I received no response - almost as if they are simply ignoring me.

Now here's where it gets a little trickier. I recently moved house and lost a lot of stuff including letters, so I no longer have the details of the debt collection agencies who were previously contacting me. I've tried contacting both Halifax itself and the ISP but they refused to give me any information as it is out of their hands. I was just wondering if there are any ways I can find out who these debt collectors are so I can get in contact and hopefully clear the debt. There has been no new letters at my previous address.

Kind regards,
    Christina
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X