• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CCJ Hearing for Parking FIne and Consent Order Query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCJ Hearing for Parking FIne and Consent Order Query

I am just wondering if someone can give me some advice please?

I recently found out that VCS have issued a default CCj judgment of £277 on my account in regards to an apparent parking fine in 2020.

I only discouvered this, after checking my credit score, so I rang the county court for details. It appears VCS had sent all correspondence to an address that I have not lived at for over 4 years. It was relating to a parking fine for a scooter that i used to own, but that my daughter had taken ownership just before we moved house. She filled in the DVLA V5C for new owner and posted it off. She never received a new V5C but admittedly, we didnt think to chase it up as we moved house. Consequently i didnt ever receive any fine relating to this and a CCJ was registered against me.

I submitted a N244 form and paid the court fee asking to set the judgement aside as I never received the fine or papers and was therefore not able to pay and settle the fine.

My application has been accepted and I have a court date (via telephone) on 28 August. However I have now received an email from a company called ELMS Legal Ltd saying if I pay the original fine of £277 they will draft a consent order to present and have assured me that the CCJ will get dismissed and i will incur no further costs.

Am I better off just taking it to court now as I have paid the court fee to get the judgement set aside or pay them and hope it comes off my file ASAP. I’m also sceptical of paying and then it looking like Iv agreed I’m in the wrong and the judge only making ccj as settled rather than removing off my file. I am a single mum of a disabled child and i have worked really hard to improve my credit rating following a divorce and this has really thrown me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

thank you
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X