• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Staff Benefits/Internet Media Experts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staff Benefits/Internet Media Experts

I've seen several threads about this company called Staff Benefits or Internet Media Experts as they've also been known in the past. They're a pretty nasty company who prey on small businesses like mine.

I was contacted by them about advertising on an NHS Trust intranet, I was the pressured into signing the agreement during the video call with this guy Lee sharing his screen. I had asked for 24 hrs to review it but he said no as the opportunity would go to someone else if I didn't sign the agreement there and then. He told me he just needed me to sign so he could pull that spot out and reserve it for me only, said I wouldn't have to pay anything until the following week. He then sends the signed contract over after the call with the Ts and Cs at the bottom (which I did not see on the call).

I emailed and called less than 10 minutes after receiving the contract to say I no longer wished to go ahead, I then got the spiel about it being legally binding, don't get the same rights as consumers and so on. I asked them to show me a business similar to myself that had success and they told me to get in touch with their 'poster boy'. Lee wasn't able to provide me with another company name to speak to and that was the last I heard from him directly. I then had them call a few weeks later asking for payment and I explained I told lee I didn't want to go ahead and then I didn't hear again for another few weeks. This time, they had created artwork (despite me not paying anything to them). I replied to their email saying I have already cancelled and they respond to say it's legally binding and they're upholding their side of the bargain.

I have since received 2 phone calls and an email from their credit team today regarding my 'account' with them but I have still not responded nor paid any money.

I wondered if anyone has actually gone to court with them and how it all panned out?

Thanks!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X