• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Dryden/Erudio - SLC issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dryden/Erudio - SLC issues

Hi all,

I had a student loan from the 90's. I deferred as my salary was low. In 2016, I started getting debt collection letters from Dryden Fairfax - I had no idea Erudio had taken over the student loan. I never received any previous communication from SLC or Erudio about the changes.

In 2018 and 2019, I wrote to them saying I never received correspondence from Erudio about all the changes, the option to defer, etc.

Recently, Dryden replied with copies of letters informing me of the changes and a "letter" with an option to defer. Some of these look fake.

I recently looked at my SLC account online ( it has letters uploaded to my account), and they sent me an end-of-deferment pack at the end of 2013 to the correct address (where I was living at the time). However, the copy of the SLC letter that Dryden recently sent me (dated 20/3/2014) has a very old address from 2001/2002 - so it looks like a fake letter; also, that letter isn't uploaded to my SLC online account. Is it worth checking this with SLC?

Also, Dryden sent me a copy of the LETTER OaF ASSIGNMENT from Erudio - dated the same date as the "fake" letter from SLC (20/3/2014). Also, with the old address from 2001/2002 -, it is very odd, especially if SLC sent me a genuine letter to my address at the end of 2013. Surely, I would have received something to the correct address.

In 2017 - 20th April - I stupidly paid £25 to fend them away. I also now realise 6 years have passed between the last acknowledgement of the debt and the current date.

Can I send them a statute-barred letter?

Many thanks,

Clara

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X