• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Solicitors Letter threatening legal action for Debt Recovery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solicitors Letter threatening legal action for Debt Recovery

Hi there, having problems with my property management company. I have two issues to do with my apartment, which have not been dealt with; unresolved for 14 months now!! - absolutely shocking service; zero in fact. And I am getting nowhere with the builder/developer either!! - as such I have withheld payment of this years annual management fees and feel justified in doing so. Now I have received a solicitors letter stating that if I do not pay, they will initiate legal proceedings. But, the funny thing is, they have sent the letter addressed to a non existent person!! They have my first name correct but the surname on the letter is totally wrong and not me!! As such, does that render their letter null and void?? (and I can just ignore the letter; given it has been addressed to someone that doesn’t exist??) - both the management company and developer are ignoring my emails for updates on the issues (I told them previously that if the two items weren’t dealt with then I would not be paying until they were); to keep myself right maybe I should send one twelfth of the annual amount (bearing in mind I’ve waited months on items being addressed, why then not make them wait on their payment??!! - if I send a part payment (one twelfth of the annual sum like I suggested) would that prevent the solicitors being able to take an action against me on the basis that I had at least paid something?? I’m not prepared to back down on this; it’s shambolic - and I’ve a good mind to tell them that I have no money currently (cashflow problems) and then they would surely just have to accept payment monthly (and then effectively I’d be making them wait 12 months for me to clear the amount; tit for tat and all that!!) - May I ask for your thoughts on this please; so as to keep myself right. Many thanks.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X