• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt Buyers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt Buyers

Well, I thought I would post this as I have held on long enough. A family member, applied for a C/C way back approx 2007, the C/C company stated that the account had defaulted, the simple reason being there was no Bank Account, and so the repayments were made by Post Office transfer and always arrived late. Onward to the debt buyer, no default notices are sent, in fact, nothing at all, on the purchase of the debt, to f/member even though the debt buyer stated by the letter "you don't owe any money" but lied, next summons to Court, form filled in by CAB, debt buyer granted £1-00 Mth, D/B not happy with that straight back to Court, the f/member did not respond, as thought the case was debt with, considerable increase granted, the original debt was in the region £4-000.?. But no knowledge of how much as never had sight of the debt, forward f/member was paying the extra Court order and never missed a payment, so after years I get asked to look at the results, wow after years it shows that this debt buyer from the first mth, of getting the Court order was adding compound interest now totaling an extra Aprox £4-500 by now debt £8K and adding, there was a complaint, to F/O added money paid back listed as credit payment, so been attempting to get the case back to Court, the reason.No default letter at all even after many requests, no copy of the original agreement, no assignment letter, been trying to get this back to Court, papers are sent back for Bundle not correct, this has been back and forward for close on one year, each time the Court approval takes about 4 weeks before return, Solicitor has looked at the papers says no problem, so now three weeks waiting on the post.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X