• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Consumer rights I phone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consumer rights I phone

I bought a second hand I phone from ioutlet in November for a Christmas present. It was used from 25/12/21 onwards. It became very difficult to charge by March and by end of May virtually impossible. I knew it had a 12 month warranty so contacted ioutlet about the fault. They said to send it back for repair. I did this and now they are saying they won’t repair it as it isn’t in the condition it was when they sold it (small crack in screen which happened after the fault but doesn’t affect its use). They have said I need to pay £50 to fix the screen first then they will reinstate the warranty and carry out the original repair. Can they do this? I’m not bothered about the small crack, but see little point paying to repair a screen on a phone I can’t charge and with no guarantee they can actually fix the charging fault?! Surely if it is faulty the crack is irrelevant?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X