• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newlyn PLC - unfair and excessive bills

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newlyn PLC - unfair and excessive bills

I am confused with 2 issues:
    Issue 1: On the 14th march 2022 around 2 pm when I was going to drive my car I found that my car was clamped and notice was stuck on the car window. According to the letter - this is done by Newlyn plc After calling the number given on the notice I found that this is for a penalty ticket which I was not aware of. I have tried to explain the situation and my family circumstances but the officer had no interest considering that and said I have to pay the full amount (£624) or he will take the car. I requested to extend or is there any way I can challenge the decision - the answer from the officer was “NO”. I also asked if there was any option for the payment plan as this is a huge amount - this time also the answer was “NO”. I phoned the “Newlyn” head office but no help was given and said the officer's decision is the final decision. The officer was rushing me to pay £624 or else he would take my car and put it up for auction. £624 is a huge sum for a person like me but I did not have any choice without asking for help from a friend. Finally to save my car and avoid the hassle, plus I pregnant wife was going to doctor and my son was in school so I paid full amount as demanded £624 taking loan.

**** In the £624 : £204 is mention as debt with court fees, £75 compliance, £235 enforcement stage fees, £110 sale stage fee. My question is why the officer added £110 as sale stage fee as the car was not taken for the sale - it was clamped only and I have paid the amount. I am not sure whether the charges are correctly added? Can I claim a refund?

**** Also as I was not aware of the PCN and warrant notice - can I do anything like contact with Waltham forest council?

Issue 2:Yesterday (28/03/2022) I have received a “Notice of Sale” letter for my car from ”Newlyn Plc”. I have called the officer’s mobile number twice but no answer and left a voicemail. I have also called another number which was given on the letter but couldn’t get anyone to discuss this. In the letter it said I have to pay £384 (this is what highlighted in the letter) outstanding balance for the storage calculating £48 for each day between the date of your vehicle was taken into control and the date of sale. It also mentioned I have to pay the amount by 31/03/2022 or else the sale will take place at ebay.co.uk on 01/04/2022. I am hugely surprised do not understand the officer who took the £624 payment from me and now have sent another bill of £384 for storage.
    • Why have I received this letter demanding £384 when I paid demanded all the money on 14th march 2022?
    • The letter I have received on 28/03/2022 and the deadline is 31/03/2022 - why enough time not given ? Is it not unfair ? Can I legally challenge them for unfair charges?
    Please advise. Thanks for taking your time to read.

Last edited by cstotalit; 29th March 2022, 23:02:PM.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X