• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice please for rejected appeal by PPS ltd for not displaying full VRM on ticket

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice please for rejected appeal by PPS ltd for not displaying full VRM on ticket

On a vist to Cornwall on December 26th 2021 we parked in a pay and display car park operated by Premier Parking Soluions Ltd in Mevagissey, I purchased a ticket at the machine but I assume I failed to follow the correct sequence and didn't enter the comlete registration number at the time . (Essentially I added the coins into the ticket machine and pressed the green button and entered the 1st registration letter D, but the letter did not show on the display, just the fee paid of £3.00, so I pressed the green button again to try again and the machine then issued a ticket) The ticket as you can see, registered the letter D and the cash payment. (Although not relevant as a defence, mitigating circumstances at the time were that my wife has a chronic medical condition and she needed to find some facilities as a matter of urgency, so obviously I was in a rush) The ticket was left on the dashboard during our stay and we left the car park over an hour before the expiry time. I was not aware of a car park attendant being on duty.

We received the Notice to Keeper on the 14th January and appealed the charge directly to PPS, sending them a photograph of the ticket purchased however they rejected our appeal, stating no payment was made to authorise our vehicle to park. Without any explanation or qualification they reduced the charge to £30 referred to in later correspondence as a 'goodwill gesture' and stated that if we appeal their decision, the charge due would revert back to £100

We've since started an appeal with IAS.org, but reading reviews on this forum it does seem like a pointless task!

Can we argue that the initial letter was received over 14 days since the alleged offence on 26/12/21 to 12/01/22 =17days?
    If not, what would be the best advice, on the basis that as far as I can see the operator or landowner, cannot demononstrate a loss, as we had paid for a parking space and their own 'Whitelist' evidence shows the ticket purchase and our retained actual ticket confirms those details?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X