• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Deed-poll lineage problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deed-poll lineage problem

My mothers name was changed when she was a child in the 40's. My mother has recently passed away. She had suffered from a number of severe psychiatric issues, pretty much all through my life, so unfortunately, it was always quite difficult to ever get a straight and logical answer from her. The forenames used on her birth certificate are different than the forenames used on my birth certificate. Naturally her Surname is different on my birth certificate due to marriage to my father (Also deceased). I need legal proof of my lineage, that the Name used on my mothers birth certificate is indeed the same person as is named on my birth certificate. The are no formal records of my mothers forename name change, like Deed-poll or otherwise, in the Gazette's or National Archives.
    I have a number of other documents, that in a round about way, piece together something of a path between the two names, like the dates and places of birth of my mothers birth and death certificates.
    Also my mothers parents names, with mothers maiden name and fathers occupation, used on her birth certificate (Using her former name) and the same parents names with mothers maiden name and fathers occupation, used on her marriage certificate (Using her later name). I personally feel these items prove a connection between the names. However, it would be helpful, if I could have something a bit more solid and formal, that I might use as proof of the connection. What I've been led to believe, is that, my mothers name was apparently changed by her step mother when she was a child. This might of been done rather informally by a solicitors associated with the company my grandfather was also associated with. Long since gone. All help and suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X