• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Debt with Lowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debt with Lowell

Hi Guys
    I opened an account with Shop Direct in 2014, placed an order then paid it in full...in 2014 I got notice of an order which I never made and it turns out my wife logged I. To my account and not hers by mistake. Long story short the details on my account was changed and my wife has been using it without my consent for years, ran up a debt that got out of control and it got brought by Lowell...I found out about this in 2019 I think after I got a notice that I had defaults issued against me...when I finally got to the bottom of it all my wife came clean...

I have for the last year been in touch with shop direct, Lowell and the FO to try to not only have the defaults removed but the debt transfer to my wife so she can sort it out.

This has now been going on for 2 years and they refuse to accept what's happened even though my wife has admitted it to all parties.

I just want the debt resolved now to get it off my credit history...however I'm not willing to pay all the charges nor interest but as good will will bay for the actual goods that was purchased.

Can you help as to how I negotiate this...how's best to word it after all this time or is there a chance they have just wiped it all off now it's been over a year... however I am a firm believer that the items brought should be paid for as I do not want to see anyone out of pocket. But guessing shop direct has already written it off as they have sold the debt?

Look forward to your help and advise...
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X