• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Suing an Estate Agent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suing an Estate Agent

I agreed a price with an estate agent on a house. Please note no issues with the sellers of the house. My seller agreed a price on a property almost at same time (January 2020). The house was supposed to be change free according to the estate agent and this person seemed to want a quick sale. After we rushed everything the seller backtracked and the situation dragged on. We got to Exchange day and all the money went up the chain. The guy at the top of the chain backed out at last minute. This was September 2020. I understand there is nothing that can be done and its just our bad luck but I was very aggrieved by the situation. I now understand from a reliable source that for various reasons the person at the time of chain was playing games for his own reasons and that the estate agent knew at an early stage that this deal was never going to happen. I am wondering do I have a claim for my loss against the estate agent? (searches and solicitors fees etc?
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X