• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Jacobs council tax arrears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs council tax arrears

Hi.. I am really desperately hoping for some help as I am getting so stressed.

I ended up having some problems with council tax and ended up with arrears that have been passed to jacobs.

I had an agreement with them to pay £50 per month however at the start of this month I lost my job and have no Income currently. I had no way to call as my phone has been cut off so I could not get in touch.

Yesterday I received a letter through the door stating removal within 24hrs
    balance due: 1382

On the 17th I was in touch with jacobs main office and explained I had lost my job and cannot afford the monthly repyaments.

They said they will send mesout a financial statement and I need to fill this in and someone will be in touch.

I have sent the form back however after received the letter i rang jacobs main office and he said that the form has not been returned as of yet and that I have been provided with a different enforcement agent who wasn't aware I was filling out the form and aware of my circumstances. He said he would send this over to the agents ipad and it should probably be prosonded.

I rang the enforcment agent as advised and he stated there is no notes to state this and that I have to pay the full amount tomorrow or goods will be taken from my property, or further action.

I suffer from sever anxiety and depression and m waiting on bipolar diagnosis which I explained to the agent and he made no difference in how he spoke to me.

I am really sure with what to do as I cannot raise the funds and he said I have to make the payment by 7.30 tomorrow morning and if I don't further action will be taken.

I am really stressed and scared please can I have some advice on what to do

Thank you
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X