• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Civil Fraud question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civil Fraud question

Hello,

I am looking for advice regarding a concern I have that I may have been made accessory to a fraud with intention in my part.

The situation is as follows:

- I was trying to help a relation who has mental health problems by communicating as an intermediary with a lender who they owe a substantial sum of money to.

- The relation at the time was not working and had no funds and therefore I negotiated a 12 month suspension from the lender in order for him to get his finances in order to repay the loan.

- Subsequently I became aware that he was taking on more debt elsewhere from another lender. As a result I said to him I can no longer help him with his affairs because we had agreed that he would run all his financial decisions past me as a condition of my helping him through his difficulties. His actions made my support untenable.

- I wrote to the lender with whom I had negotiated the suspension and advised them that I was no longer dealing with that matter and they should contact my relation on the matter.

Question: At the point I withdrew as an intermediary, by not telling the lender that I am aware that the relation is taking on additional debt have I exposed myself to a potential civil claim later when the loan likely does not get repaid?

Any advice would be very welcome as I am trying to understand whether I need to take action to cover myself.

Regards
    Will
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X