• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Incorrect Missed Payments Recorded on Credit File

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incorrect Missed Payments Recorded on Credit File

Hello everyone,

Back in March 2020 I work in the Construction Industry and with the COVID-19 Pandemic I was temporary laid off. As a result I contacted one a company who I have a personal loan with and advised them of my situation where they gave me an instruction to cancel my direct debit and said they would put a threem month payment holiday in place.

I then recevied a letter advising of a missed payment. I then contacted them to enquire what was going on where they stated not to worry, it's an automated letter and to ignore it as they have a note on the system that there was a payment holiday in place. Then the following month I recevied another missed payment letter, again I contacted them and they said yet again not to worry.

Then my credit file was updated with two new missed payments that I had contact them about. I then contacted them again as asked why the missed payments had been recorded whe they had said that my credit file wouldn't be affcted but it now has been. The ysaid they would investigate tbut never did anything about it. Then in Sep 2020 I then made a complaint and they then undertook an investigation and in Nov 2020 wtore to me and they had completed their investigation, had listened to the phone calls and upheld my complaint and said the missed payments would be removed. In Dec 2020 I checdked my credit file and they were still there, then the same in Jan and Feb.

I have now made a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman because I have had a credit facilty of £8,500 that I had with my back removed because of the missed payments. They have since got in contact and said they are sorry and offered me £50 as a good will gesture but I don't think that this is sufficent.

Can you please advise what my options are with this?

Thanks

NWR
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X