• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help please with General Form of Judgement or Order (Claim Struck Out)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please with General Form of Judgement or Order (Claim Struck Out)

Hello,

I hope I'm not repeating anything already stated within these forums, but I have just received a General Form of Judgement or Order from a County Court just outside of London.

I had filed a compensation claim against eBay UK for the loss of time and funds while dealing with the continuous stream of inaccurate advice - regarding a false claim from a buyer - provided by their customer service representatives. I was unable to provide the particulars of the claim 'to strict proof', as eBay possessed all case notes, audio recordings of phone calls and subsequent transcripts. This basic truth was explicitly stated in my original claims form.

The letter I have received states:

It is ordered that

1. The claim form discloses no reasonable cause of action and fails to provide proper particulars of the claim. It is accordingly struck out.
    2. This only was made without a hearing either party may apply within 7 days to set it aside or vary it.

I am incredibly disappointed, as both myself and the defendant (law firm representing eBay) expected the claim to be put through the Small Claims Court, where I hoped to persuade the judge in compelling eBay to be forthcoming with the 'strict proof' their lawyers required of me to put forward a case.

Could someone please help me to outline my options or next steps? Would I, for example, be liable for eBay's legal costs? There is no mention of anything related to fees on this Judgement/Order, but I am unsure as to whether a financial bill would be sent to me in the future.

Thank you,
    A
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X